- 4 cups milk
- 4 oz/115g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp brandy
- 6 tbsp whipped cream, to decorate
- 4 tsp unsweetened cocoa, to decorate
- Pour the milk into a pan and bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. place the chocolate in a small pan and add 2 tbsp of the hot milk.
- stir over a low heat until the chocolate has melted
- stir the chocolate mixture into the remaining milk and add the sugar
- stir in the brandy and pour into 4 heatproof glasses. Top each with a swirl of whipped cream and sprinkle with a little strained cocoa.