- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp superfine sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 eating apple
- 1 3/4 oz/50g dark chocolate chips
- chocolate sauce / maple syrup to serve
- Strain the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, stir in the superfine sugar, make a well in the center and add the egg and melted butter. Gradually whisk in the milk to form a smooth batter.
- Peel, core and grate the apple and stir it into the batter with the chocolate chips.
- Heat a griddle pan or heavy-based skillet over a medium heat and grease it lightly. For each crepe place about 2 tbsp of the batter on to the griddle or skillet and spread to make a 3 inch/7.5 cm circle
- cook for a few minutes until you see bubbles appear on the surface of the crepe. Turn over and cook for a further 1 minute. remove from the pan and keep warm. repeat with the remaining batter to make about 12 crepes.
- To serve, stack 2 or 3 crepes on an individual serving plate and serve them with the hot chocolate sauce or maple syrup.