- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. In a small bowl, stir together jam and red-pepper flakes; set glaze aside.
- Step 2Place chicken on an aluminum-foil-lined baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Broil until chicken begins to turn opaque, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Step 3Brush glaze on chicken. Broil until glaze is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken registers 165 degrees, 4 to 5 minutes more.