- 12 oz/350g dried fusilli
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz/350 g wild mushrooms or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 9 oz/250g gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley to garnish
1. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta return to a boil, and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until tender but still firm to the bite.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottom pan. Add the mushrooms and cook over low heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Add the cream, bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute until slightly thickened. Stir in the cheese and cook over low heat until it has melted.
4. Do not allow the sauce to boil, once the cheese has been added, season to taste with salt and pepper and remove the pan from the heat.
5. Drain the pasta and tip it into the sauce, toss well to coat, then serve immediately, garnished with the parsley.