Ingredients for Rub:
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium-sized chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp mustard (optional)
- 1 tbsp Sambal hot sauce
- Fish sauce to taste (optional)
Note: You are going to need cut-up chicken pieces with skin.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine all the rub ingredients.
- Roll the chicken over the rub.
- Put the chicken with rub inside the oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan.
- Saute the garlic.
- Add the onion.
- Add the barbecue sauce or ketchup.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add the brown sugar.
- Add a little bit of water if needed.
- Add the mustard but this is optional.
- Let it simmer on low heat until it has thickened.
- Add the hot sauce.
- Add fish sauce if you want.
- Dip the chicken into the sauce.
- Put it back inside the oven for another 10 minutes. Or you can also grill it for better flavor.