- 1 kilo pork spare ribs
- 2 packs Tamarind Soup Base
- 1 big tomato
- 1 big red onion
- 2 pcs gabi (taro)
- 3 pcs chili peppers
- Salt or fish sauce to taste
- Vegetable of your choice:
- String beans
- Kangkong (swamp cabbage)
- Boil approximately 2 to 3 liters of water.
- Put in the meat, tomato and onion. Let the meat cook.
- When the meat is tender, you can mix in the gabi or taro. Let it cook.
- When the taro is cooked (it should have a consistency of a cooked potato), you can take it off the stock and mash it and put it back. It will help thicken the soup.
- Put the Tamarind Soup Base as a substitute for the real tamarind. Let it boil once again.
- When its boiling, you can add the vegetable,except for the kangkong (swamp cabbage) if you have some.
- When the vegetable is almost cooked, you can add in the chili peppers.
- When the chili peppers are cooked, turn your heat off, and add your kangkong (swamp cabbage), and cover it.
- Serve hot.