- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp instant mashed potato powder
- 1 cup club soda
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup bread crumb
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Straighten out the shrimp just like what I did on the video.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, instant mashed potato, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl.
- Add the club soda and whisk it.
- Wait for a few minutes until the batter thickens up.
- Dip the shrimp in the batter and in the bread crumb.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.