- 4 pcs sweet potatoes , peeled (choose the orange kamote)
- ½ cup muscovado or brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½-1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated (freshly ground black pepper, to taste)
- 50g butter, cut into cubes (fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 200’ c or 400’F grease shallow oven proof dish. Slice sweet potatoes thinly about 1/8-inch
- Mix remaining ingredients(except pepper and garnish) together to form a paste
- Coat the slices in overlapping rows in one layer In the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining lemon-sugar mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and butter cubes. Bake for 20minutes , sprinkle with parsley/cilantro and serve immediately.