- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 lb 12oz/800g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 8oz/225g pepperoni sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1 lb/450g dried garganelli
- salt and pepper
- mixed salad greens, to serve
- heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large heavy bottom skillet. Add the onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until softened. add the red and orange bell peppers, tomatoes and their can juices, sun-dried tomato paste, and paprika to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the pepperoni and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a large heavy bottom pan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta return to a boil, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender but still firm to the bite.
- drain well and transfer to a warmed serving dish. add the remaining olive oil and toss. Add the sauce and toss again. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with mixed salad greens.