- 3/4 cup dried cannellini beans, soaked in cold water to cover overnight
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 oz/115g dried corallini, conchigliette piccole, or other soup pasta
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- fresh crusty bread, to serve
- Drain the soaked beans and place them in a large, heavy-bottom pan.Add the stock and bring to a boil. Partially cover the pan, reduce the heat, and let simmer for 2 hours or until tender.
- Transfer about half the beans and a little of the stock to a food processor or blender and process to a smooth puree. Return the puree to the pan and stir well to mix. Return the soup to a boil.
- Add the pasta to the soup , return to a boil, and cook for 10minutes or until tender
- meanwhile heat 4 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small pan. Add the garlic and cook over low heat, stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Stir the garlic into the soup and add the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and ladle into warmed soup bowls. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and serve immediately with crusty bread.