- 1 lb/450g dried spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz/225g rind-less pancetta or lean bacon, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 5 tbsp light cream
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large, heavy-bottom pan of light salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, return to a boil, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender but still firm to the bite.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a heavy bottom skillet. Add the chopped pancetta and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 8-10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with the cream in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Drain the pasta and return it to the pan. Tip in the contents of the skillet, then add the egg mixture and half the Parmesan cheese. Stir well then transfer to a warmed serving dish. Serve immediately sprinkled with the remaining Parmesan cheese.