- Selection of fruit (choose from oranges,bananas, strawberries, pineapple chunks(fresh or canned) , apricots (fresh or canned) , apples , pears, kiwi fruit)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4tbsp butter
- 1 3/4 oz/50g dark chocolate, broken into small cubes
- 1/2 tbsp light unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- grated zest and juice of 1/2 orange
1. To make the chocolate sauce, place the butter, chocolate,cocoa and syrup in a small pan. Heat gently on a stove or the side of a barbecue grill, stirring continuously,until all of the ingredients have melted and combined.
2. To prepare the fruit peel and core if necessary, then cut into large, bite-sized pieces or wedges as appropriate. Dip apples,pears, and bananas in lemon juice to prevent discoloration. Thread the pieces of fruit on the skewers.
3. To make the baste, mix together the honey, orange zest, orange juice and heat gently if required and brush over the fruit.
4.Grill the fruit skewers over warm coals for 5-10 minutes until hot. Serve with the chocolate dipping sauce.